(B) Christ Is Good and Holy
(1) The angel announced Christ's birth to the Virgin and said to her: "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God' (Lk. 1:35).
(2) After healing the lame man, St. Peter the Apostle reproached the Jews for rejecting Christ, saying: "But you have denied the Holy One and the Just and asked for a murderer to be granted to you" (Acts 3:14).
(4) The whole church prayed after the release of the Apostles Peter and John, saying: "Grant to Your servants that with all boldness they may speak Your word, by stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done through Your holy Servant Jesus" (Acts 4:30). Also see the Book of Acts, chapter 4, verse 27.
(5) Even the Lord Himself, in His message to the angel of the church of Philadelphia, says: "These things says He who is holy, He who is true, 'He who has the key of David, He who opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens' " (Rev. 3:7).
(6) In the Lord Jesus Christ's holiness, He appeared to everyone to be separate from sinners and the only good One. That is why He said to the Jews, defying them: "Which of you convicts Me of sin?" (Jn. 8:46), and said about the Devil: "The ruler of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me" (Jn. 14:30).
(7) The Apostles testified to the Lord, saying that He "was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin" (Heb. 4:15); He "knew no sin" (2 Cor. 5:2 1); "in Him there was no sin" (Un. 3:5), and that He "committed no sin, nor was guile found in His mouth" (1 Pet. 2:22).
(8) Even strangers and enemies testified to Christ with the same testimony. Judas who handed Him over, said: "I have sinned by betraying innocent blood' (Matt. 27:4), and Pilate who sentenced Him to death, said: "I am innocent of the blood of this just Person" (Matt. 27:24), and Pilate's wife sent to her husband, saying: "Have nothing to do with that just Man" (Matt. 27.19).
(10) Even Jehovah's Witnesses testified to Christ in their magazine Watchtower (Arabic issue of June 1953, p. 96), in their reply to a question about the words of Solomon the Sage: "One man among a thousand I have found, but a woman among all these I have not found' (Ecc. 7:28). They said that the number 1,000 is a symbol of wholeness, and that a thousand men is a symbol of all men, and we have discussed this issue before here on st-takla.org in other pages. And if there is no woman among all women who is good and without sin, there is only One found among men who is good, that is, Jesus Christ, the only One with this quality who lived on earth.
(C) Conclusion: Christ Is God
(1) If there is no one good but One, that is, God, and it has been proved that Christ is good or rather that He is the only good One, then Christ is God; He who is separate from sinners and has become higher than the heavens.
When the rich young man asked the Lord: "Good teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?", why did the Lord reply: "Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God" (Matt. 19:16,17)? The reply:
The Jews were accustomed to calling their teachers good teacher'. So the Lord Jesus Christ wanted to ask the young man: "Are you giving Me this title as a routine custom, as you would do for other teachers? If so, know that no one is good but One, that is, God. And do you believe that I am this God?"
The Lord Jesus Christ did not say that He was not good but rather, on another occasion, He said: "I am the, good shepherd" (Jn. 10: 11), and He also said: "Which of you convicts Me of sin?" (Jn. 8:46)
©st-takla.org : Saint Takla Haymanout Website: General Portal for the Coptic Orthodox Church Faith, Egypt / Contact us at:
Bible | Daily Readings | Agbeya | Books | Lyrics | Gallery | Media | Links | Contact us
External ads إعلانات خارجية