St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories
St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories

Christian Library | Full Free Coptic Books | Orthodox Library

Short Stories (Stories for the Youth), book by Father Tadros Yacoub Malaty

373- No Lay off in God’s Company

 

A member from the church of St. Peter, St. Paul in St. Monica, California, recounts this story:

A young fellow approached me fervently offering his services, any kind of service just to kill the time. This dialogue came to pass between us.

“I’m eager to serve my Lord Jesus.”

St-Takla.org Image: A sad man, can't believe it! Holding his hands up صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: رجل متضايق، لا يصدق الأمر، رافع يديه على رأسه

St-Takla.org Image: A sad man, can't believe it! Holding his hands up.

صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: رجل متضايق، لا يصدق الأمر، رافع يديه على رأسه.

“Come and join us in the preparation of the holy bread “Qorban”.”

“Good, I’ve nothing to do since I just got laid off.”

“Come and join us; in God’s company there is no “lay off.”

“I’m looking forward to work for Him. Recently, I was in the hospital where I saw a young fellow having a heart attack. It dawned on me that it could have been me. I must be prepared.”

He started working passionately with us as if his soul was prepared to go to heaven. In a week’s time he was ordained a deacon and received communion. He went back home and passed away, commanding his spirit in God’s hands.

God works in mysterious ways for the salvation of our souls, even unto the brink of one’s life. This chap’s knowledge of God and his eagerness to be saved granted him his will.

→ English translation of the story here at St-Takla.org: ليس عند اللَّه Lay off.

St-Takla.org Divider

O Lord lead me in Your service so that I maybe in Your vineyard all the way.

You reject no one.

You reward all, even for offering a sip of water.

Open my heart that I may see You coming.

O my Lord, call me to ascend to Your Paradise,

To meet with You O God the Source of my life.

Qualify me O Lord with Your Spirit of fire.

 May Your fountains of love burst within me.

Let all the doors of Your Paradise be opened before me.


Bible | Daily Readings | Agbeya | Books | Lyrics | Gallery | Media | Links

https://st-takla.org/books/en/fr-tadros-yacoub/short-stories/0373-lay-off.html

Short URL (link):
tak.la/nk6p44s