St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories
St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories

Christian Library | Full Free Coptic Books | Orthodox Library

Short Stories (Stories for the Youth), book by Father Tadros Yacoub Malaty

583- In the Way of Life

 

By Samir El-Bahgori

 

Sunday, 24/February

My friend George is wonderful. He was extremely smart. Now, he is ready to hear everything and say nothing. His eyes have contemplating looks. “What happened George? Did you forget your past so soon? Did you forget the projects which we planned together?” Yesterday, it was time for carrying out one of our ever-successful projects.

I waited for a long time but he did not come. Unconsciously, I found myself walking to his house. There, I was told that he excused himself for he was busy. “Are you ungrateful to that extent? I’m really sorry for keeping such friendship. Our friendship was based on mutual understanding. We’d the same aims, thoughts and principles.

St-Takla.org Divider

St-Takla.org Image: A long road in the gardens - Various photos from Assisi, Italy - Photograph by Michael Ghaly for St-Takla.org, September 23, 2014. صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: طريق طويل في الحدائق - صور متنوعة من أسيزي، إيطاليا - تصوير مايكل غالي لموقع الأنبا تكلاهيمانوت، 23 سبتمبر 2014.

St-Takla.org Image: A long road in the gardens - Various photos from Assisi, Italy - Photograph by Michael Ghaly for St-Takla.org, September 23, 2014.

صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: طريق طويل في الحدائق - صور متنوعة من أسيزي، إيطاليا - تصوير مايكل غالي لموقع الأنبا تكلاهيمانوت، 23 سبتمبر 2014.

Sunday 3/March

How enjoyable the last Sundays were! George and I used to get up early and return home after midnight. It is the first Sunday to be alone. I found no one of my friends. I walked in the streets like a mother bereft of her only child. I was consoled a little bit, as I saw George on his way to church.

“I think this is the first time for you to go to this holy place O pious one. Did you forget what you used to say? You’ve now new friends. I saw you today walking with them after the Mass in that way leading to the village, the way which is dear to our souls. You seemed to be joyful, at least because you got rid of me. But, what’s my crime?”

St-Takla.org Divider

Thursday 14/March

I thought of visiting again. This time, he may be gentler with me. Maybe I can know why he did give up our friendship in such a painful manner. As I got ready to go out, my younger sister gave me a blue letter. It was from George.

→ English translation of the story here at St-Takla.org: في طريق الحياة.

St-Takla.org Divider

Dear Jack,

I’m sorry for causing you such pain. I’ll tell you what happened. Please read it and if we agree this time we’ll more intimate and loving. On the eve of Wednesday the twentieth of February, I saw myself in a dream walking as if to hell. I was frightened especially of the serpents, the offspring of the old one, embracing the branches of the trees.

Suddenly, I saw a lion walking roaring. He came to me and ordered me to follow. I followed in amazement like a goat following the slaughterer. He took me captive but he was very generous with me. Therefore, I respected and awed him. Once I pretended to be asleep. I heard him saying, “Few days later, this man will be fit as a food for the prince of this world.”

I woke up very disturbed after that dream and asked myself, “What does this mean? It’s the way of sin in which I walk according to my own will. This would surely be the result.” Being at a loss, I lifted my heart to God asking Him to rescue me. I felt hearing a voice coming from far away, “Come with me to the church. Don’t be late.” I thought, “What if I go?”

Few minutes later, I was at the door of the church. It was a youth meeting. The preacher talked about the significance of purity in the life of the youth, as if it was a personal message to me. I saw the difference between my impure life and that pure life which every Christian youth should lead. I then realized why I was miserable. I discovered that I’m the lost lamb whom the Shepherd’s hand saved. The light filled my depth. I felt free and spiritual awareness.

I went to church many times. I’ve now pure friends. I serve with them in the Sunday school. I’m praying for you ‘cause I want to live with you as intimate friends leading a new life. I’ll wait for you tomorrow in St. George’s church to have a friendship blessed by heaven and shadowed by the vine of Sunday school.

Yours faithfully,

George

St-Takla.org Divider

Friday 22/March

How great is Your love and care for humans O God. You are the Good Shepherd. In Your love, You did not deprive me of Your everlasting inheritance. You took me to Your barn. You embrace me in Your arms.

“Behold, you are handsome, my beloved! Yes, pleasant” (Song 1.16).

Now, I am back to my friend George with our Great Friend Jesus. We need You O savior since the world with its evils is against us. Thank You for, You honored us by serving in Your field while we were sinners but the blood of Jesus Christ purifies us from sins.


Bible | Daily Readings | Agbeya | Books | Lyrics | Gallery | Media | Links

https://st-takla.org/books/en/fr-tadros-yacoub/short-stories/0583-way-of-life.html

Short URL (link):
tak.la/4z6pwf3