St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories
St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories

Christian Library | Full Free Coptic Books | Orthodox Library

Short Stories (Stories for the Youth), book by Father Tadros Yacoub Malaty

584- The Bowing Tree

 

George noticed that his only young son Luke was absent-minded since he came back from school. In the evening, George entered his son’s room, played with him, prayed with him and talked to him to know what worried him.

Luke said frankly, “Dad, I’m at a loss. We’ve a colleague who has haunch-back. All our colleagues make fun of him. He’s very gentle and loving. I love him but I fear to lose my friends if I cling to him. He’s lonely. What can I do?”

St-Takla.org Image: A huge tree with birds nesting in it, from St-Takla.org's journey to Ethiopia, 2008 - Photograph by Michael Ghaly for St-Takla.org, April-June 2008. صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: شجرة ضخمة تأوي الطيور، من رحلة موقع الأنبا تكلا لإثيوبيا عام 2008 - تصوير مايكل غالي لـ: موقع الأنبا تكلا، إبريل - يونيو 2008.

St-Takla.org Image: A huge tree with birds nesting in it, from St-Takla.org's journey to Ethiopia, 2008 - Photograph by Michael Ghaly for St-Takla.org, April-June 2008.

صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: شجرة ضخمة تأوي الطيور، من رحلة موقع الأنبا تكلا لإثيوبيا عام 2008 - تصوير مايكل غالي لـ: موقع الأنبا تكلا، إبريل - يونيو 2008.

The father told him the story of the bowing tree.

Some painters walked among the trees to draw beautiful pictures of the trees. They saw a bowing tree, the branches of which bowed over an old small building. The travelers used to rest at that building which seemed as if to be embraced by that tree. Some of the artists said that it was not straight and not as beautiful as other trees. Others said that it was a symbol of love, as it bowed to embrace others and save them from the Sunheat.

Moreover, the villagers feared to let their kids play under it lest it fall over them. Once a wind blew. Many of the trees fell; while, the bowing tree was not affected. On the contrary, it supported two other trees that bent over it. In the spring, the three bowing trees had flowers and spread a very beautiful odor. They had seeds which were spread everywhere and grew to be many little trees.

Many people grieved saying that the place would be filled with bowing trees and it would lose its beauty. However, they grew to be straight beautiful ones. All people then realized the value of that bowing mother tree which showed love to many.

→ English translation of the story here at St-Takla.org: الشجرة المحنية.

St-Takla.org Divider

Uproot from me O Lord the spirit of destructive criticism.

Grant me eyes to see in the bowing tree motherhood and love.

May I see in every person what is good,

And realize that even the weakness of others may be fit for edification.

O Good Wonderful Lord, You transfer weakness to strength,

Ugliness to beauty

And sadness to joy.

Let me learn from You O Perfect Lord.

“He who is devoid of wisdom despises his neighbor,

But a man of understanding holds his peace”

 (Prov. 11.12).

 

“Take heed that you do not despise of these little ones,

For I say to you that in heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven” (Matt. 18.10).

 

St-Takla.org Divider

He who loses money loses much.

He who loses a friend loses more.

He who loses his faith loses everything.


Bible | Daily Readings | Agbeya | Books | Lyrics | Gallery | Media | Links

https://st-takla.org/books/en/fr-tadros-yacoub/short-stories/0584-bent.html

Short URL (link):
tak.la/322fgyp