St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories
St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories

Christian Library | Full Free Coptic Books | Orthodox Library

Short Stories (Stories for the Youth), book by Father Tadros Yacoub Malaty

484- The Drums Language

 

George burst into his father’s room complaining that his brother Mark was doing too much noise with the drum. The father apologized to George and called Mark and started talking to both of them about the language of the drums. He said, “The drum I bought you is not to make noise, rather if we learned how to use it professionally and in the right time it produces nice melodies and sounds. Do you know that the drum has a language that humans can understand?”

St-Takla.org Image: A drum with two drumstick. صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: طبلة مع مضرب الطبلة: عصا الطبلة.

St-Takla.org Image: A drum with two drumstick.

صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: طبلة مع مضرب الطبلة: عصا الطبلة.

The boys were amazed and asked their father to explain it, he said, “Around a thousand years ago, the African troops used to use huge drums. They used to beat it in a certain way that it produces a sound which could be heard 20 miles far away and the beats on the drum are translated into words like the telegram. The one who hears it beats on his drum the same beats giving the same meaning and by that the news are spread all over the miles. When queen Victoria died and England informed West Africa, he news was announced by the drum beats and it was spread all over Africa before the governors of the world knew.”

→ English translation of the story here at St-Takla.org: لغة ضربات الطبول.

St-Takla.org Divider

The savage troops understand the drums language,

And respond to it.

While You Lord talk to us with the love language,

And for our stupidity we do not recognize Your calls.

You speak to us with the afflictions You bore in Your body.

You declared Your love with Your lashes.

You proclaimed Your care with Your wounds.

You call me with Your cross to have You,

And share with You the glory of Your resurrection.

Let my ears hear You,

My mind know you,

And my heart respond with love to Your love.


Bible | Daily Readings | Agbeya | Books | Lyrics | Gallery | Media | Links

https://st-takla.org/books/en/fr-tadros-yacoub/short-stories/0484-drums.html

Short URL (link):
tak.la/7dy7v34