St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories
St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories

Christian Library | Full Free Coptic Books | Orthodox Library

Short Stories (Stories for the Youth), book by Father Tadros Yacoub Malaty

168- Among The Chastised

 

St-Takla.org Image: A man in prison with shackles, a soldier in jail صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: رجل في قيود وسلاسل السجن، جندي مقبوض عليه

St-Takla.org Image: A man in prison with shackles, a soldier in jail.

صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: رجل في قيود وسلاسل السجن، جندي مقبوض عليه.

At the beginning of the Holy Week, as I entered the nave of the church, where the icon of the suffering Lord was placed, I felt as if I was in a court room where we were all standing in front of a Unique Judge. He judges all the humanity and at the same time he intercedes on behalf of the repentant believers.

We, the chastised, come and each one of us confesses, “I am guilty and worthy not only of reproach but of death. I can only promise to carry You inside me for Your Holy Spirit to work in me. He will convert me from a criminal to a saint, from someone deserving death to someone worthy of glory. Truly You are an Amazing Judge. You do not see our sins but You desire that all be saved and know the truth.”

This scene reminds me of what was said about Mr. Neff the Governor of the State of Texas:

The Governor met with the inmates who committed crimes. He gave them a long speech to inspire them and fill them with the spirit of law and order. He expressed his desire to meet any one of them alone and promised not to use anything he says against him. Many inmates spoke with him in private. Most of them blamed their family circumstances, work or health conditions. Many of them told him that they were not guilty, that there is no justice in the society and they were unjustly punished.

One inmate said to the Governor, "I am guilty and deserve all the punishment. Thus I’ve served my sentence willingly and faithfully. I repent and I promise you that after being released; I shall live as a good citizen in order to be worthy of your trust and your mercy."

The Governor was moved and ordered his immediate release.

→ English translation of the story here at St-Takla.org: بين المؤدبين.

St-Takla.org Divider

 + Lord, I see that You are imprisoned inside me, to carry me on Your shoulders and open my eyes to see that the gates of heaven are open.

 

 + Free me as if from the prison to the real freedom. I desire to rest with You in my eternal home.

 

 + Lord, raise my heart as if from the grave, free my soul from the prison of death, so that it lives with You freely and enjoy the glory of Your Resurrection and the down payment of Your Heavenly Glory.


Bible | Daily Readings | Agbeya | Books | Lyrics | Gallery | Media | Links

https://st-takla.org/books/en/fr-tadros-yacoub/short-stories/0168-between.html

Short URL (link):
tak.la/nhds6m4