St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories
St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories

Christian Library | Full Free Coptic Books | Orthodox Library

Short Stories (Stories for the Youth), book by Father Tadros Yacoub Malaty

167- The Invisible String

 

Blessed Baptism of Steve Mark

On 10 October 1994

 

St-Takla.org Image: Jesus Christ blessing a girl, young woman - Coptic art صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: الرب يسوع المسيح يبارك طفلة، فتاة، شابة - فن قبطي

St-Takla.org Image: Jesus Christ blessing a girl, young woman - Coptic art.

صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: الرب يسوع المسيح يبارك طفلة، فتاة، شابة - فن قبطي.

The family celebrated the birthday of Steve. Steve was happy as he entered the hall that the family rented for this reason. Steve saw a big balloon on which his name and the date of his baptism were written. The balloon was tied with several colored strings. The child got hold of a pair of scissors and cut one of the colored strings, but the balloon did not move. He cut one colored string after the other but the balloon never moved. He went and asked his father for the reason.

His father got the pair of scissors and went towards the balloon and he found a transparent string. As he cut it, in seconds the balloon started to rise to the ceiling. Everyone saw the name of Steve and the date of his baptism. Steve was happy to see the balloon touching the ceiling of the hall.

St-Takla.org Divider

You also often get hold of a pair of scissors of your will to free yourself from the ties of sin, from which your soul is resting in the dust, as if to you heaven is impossible to reach. You need to present yourself to the Lord Jesus as a Father Who gets hold of the scissors of His Cross by which He cuts your invisible ties which keep you in the dust; then, you will rise by the wings of the Spirit towards heaven.

→ English translation of the story here at St-Takla.org: الخيط الخفي.

St-Takla.org Divider

+ My soul longs to rise to You, but the flesh with its desires pulls me down. May Your hands reach the Cross in order to cut away every rotten part in me.

 + Yes, I promise You to flee away from any temptation, as much as I can. I can not promise You to lead a holy life, because who can sanctify my innermost but You?

+ I flee from the ungodly places, the improper books, and the evil company, but who will sanctify my eyes? Shall I keep them shut? Who would sanctify my ears? Who would direct my thoughts? Who would satisfy my feelings? Let Your hands, which are full of kindness, extend and circumcise my innermost by Your Holy Cross.


Bible | Daily Readings | Agbeya | Books | Lyrics | Gallery | Media | Links

https://st-takla.org/books/en/fr-tadros-yacoub/short-stories/0167-thread.html

Short URL (link):
tak.la/54nz3t7