St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories
St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories

Christian Library | Full Free Coptic Books | Orthodox Library

Short Stories (Stories for the Youth), book by Father Tadros Yacoub Malaty

10- Atomic Bomb

 

St-Takla.org Image: A boy and a girl carrying Lebanon flag صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: ولد و بنت يحملان علم لبنان

St-Takla.org Image: A boy and a girl carrying Lebanon flag.

صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: ولد و بنت يحملان علم لبنان.

In Lebanon, after the civil war had ended, an art teacher asked the students to draw whatever came to their minds. The teacher walked around the classroom to see what the little children had drawn. The first one she saw was of a tank, the second was of canons, the third was of a dead person, the fourth was a child crying after losing his father, and the fifth was of homes that had been destroyed. The teacher felt sad for what she saw, because the bad memories that the children had of the war traumatized them emotionally. It was as if the society had destroyed these little kids and ruined their hopes and their joyful outlook.

Finally, she came to a girl who had drawn a picture of an apple. She cheered up by this and wondered to herself about what made this child different from the other children. “Why did you draw an apple?” she asked.

“It’s not an apple.” the girl answered. “It’s an atomic bomb.”

It is very difficult for me to express the feelings of this teacher, and how negatively the society affected the lives of those children.

Dear reader! Don’t be surprised that this child drew an atomic bomb and not an apple. The war destroyed her psychological state as well as that of so many youth and people in the entire country.

I am worried about you that the world may, with its great weight, enter your heart, creating in you an atomic bomb. This may destroy your energy, talents, and feelings instead of offering an internal apple, to taste and to take a benefit from.

You might ask me, “Do you want me to escape from my surroundings? Don’t you want me to live in the world?”

 “Yes, God created the world for us to live in and enjoy it as a joyful gift. However, beware of misconceptions or defilement. Don’t convert the world into a corrupt valley and a hidden battlefield. Use the world to thank the creator. Open your heart with love to all and Jesus will be your companion. Your life will be an everlasting wedding.”

→ English translation of the story here at St-Takla.org: قنبلة ذرية!

St-Takla.org Divider

St-Takla.org Image: A bomb, by Amgad Wadea3 صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: قنبلة - رسم أ. أمجد وديع

St-Takla.org Image: A bomb, by Amgad Wadea.

صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: قنبلة - رسم أ. أمجد وديع.

Through You, My Depth Rejoices,

O Victorious Giver!

 

I cry in love to You, O Wonderful!

The world around me becomes a center of corruption.

My body and its lusts fight my soul and thoughts.

My friends around me push me to sin.

Who can save me from my surroundings?

You are the only Holy filled with love.

Attach me to You and deliver me from every sin.

The corrupted world becomes a joyful bridge, taking me to You.

Instead of lust, the body kneels down with all its ability to support my soul.

I will no longer condemn my brothers and sisters.

I will commit myself to lead them to Your heavenly Kingdom.

With You, there is no spirit of despair, but the spirit of love,

Counseling and power.

Through You, my depth rejoices O victorious Giver.


Bible | Daily Readings | Agbeya | Books | Lyrics | Gallery | Media | Links

https://st-takla.org/books/en/fr-tadros-yacoub/short-stories/0010-bomb.html

Short URL (link):
tak.la/ccb5hrr