(B) The Lord Jesus Christ Is Present Everywhere
(1) Christ gives those who believe in Him a promise which none but God can give. He says to His believers: ,,For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them" (Matt. 18:20). This means that the Lord Jesus Christ is present everywhere on earth because the Church spread and reached the ends of the earth. Imagine a Sunday, for example, and all the Christians in the whole world gathering together in the name of Christ to pray in their churches, and Christ amidst each gathering. Does this not mean that He is present everywhere on earth?
(2) While Christ is present everywhere on earth, He is also in heaven because He ascended to heaven, as the Apostles saw Him (Acts 1:9), and He is at the right hand of the Father, as St. Stephen saw Him (Acts 7:56).
(3) Christ is also in Paradise with those who departed this world. The proof of this are the Lord's words to the Penitent Thief. "Today, you will be with Me in Paradise" (Lk. 23:43), and the words of St. Paul the Apostle:
"having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better" (Phil. 1:23). This is an indication that those who depart this earth are with Christ in Paradise, while He is also with the Militant faithful on earth.
(5) The Lord Jesus Christ declared this fact in His discourse with Nicodemus, when He said: "No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven" (Jn. 3:13). This means that Christ was in heaven while He was on earth speaking with Nicodemus.
(6) The Lord Jesus Christ is not only on earth wherever two or three gather together in His name, but He is also in the heart of every faithful who loves Him, and we have discussed this issue before here on st-takla.org in other pages. He says: "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love Him, and We will come to Him and make Our home with him" (Jn. 14:23). This means that every person who loves God is a house for Christ. The Lord Jesus Christ comes into his heart, and dwells with him wherever he stays and wherever he goes. That is why St. Paul the Apostle was able to say: "It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me" (Gal. 2:20).
(7) Christ the Lord is not only present where the righteous and saintly are, but He is also in the places where the wicked have strayed. He is seeking for them, visiting them and knocking at the door of their hearts. Thus He says: "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come into him and dine with him, and he with Me" (Rev. 3:20).
(C) Conclusion: Christ Is God
From what we have said it is proved that Christ the Lord is Infinite and is present everywhere: in heaven and Paradise and at the same time on earth; in the places of worship, in the gatherings of the believers and in the hearts of those who love Him. He also knocks at the door of the hearts of the lost and of those who have strayed from His commandments. He moves with every person wherever they go and is with them when they settle. He is with the living and also with the departed. All these can only apply to one Being, that is, God.
©st-takla.org : Saint Takla Haymanout Website: General Portal for the Coptic Orthodox Church Faith, Egypt / Contact us at:
Bible | Daily Readings | Agbeya | Books | Lyrics | Gallery | Media | Links | Contact us