With Respect to Him Being the Examiner of Hearts and Minds
(A) God Alone Is the Examiner of Hearts and Thoughts
No one can examine the heart and read the thought and see the secrets of the soul except God alone because this attribute is part of God's infinite knowledge and He alone is Infinite. The Holy Bible confirmed that this quality belongs to God alone:
(1) It is written: "Then hear in heaven Your dwelling place, and forgive, and act, and give to everyone according to all his ways, whose heart You know (for You, only You, know the hearts of all the sons of men)" (1 Kin. 8:39).
(2) Solomon's proverbs are full of these testimonies. He says: "The Lord weighs the hearts" (Prov. 21:2), and "The Lord tests the hearts" (Prov. 17:3).
(3) David the Prophet says in the Psalm: "For the righteous God tests the hearts and minds" (Ps.7 :9), and "He knows the secrets of the heart" (Ps. 44:21).
(4) In the Book of Jeremiah the Prophet, the Lord says: "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it? I, the Lord, search the heart, I test the mind, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings" (Jer. 17:9,10). The Prophet Jeremiah says: O Lord of hosts, You who judge righteously, testing the mind and the heart" (Jer. 11:20).
(5) The Prophet Amos says: "Who declares to man what his thought is,..the LORD God of hosts is His name" (Amos 4:13).
(6) St. Paul the Apostle says: "Even so we speak, not as pleasing men, but God who tests our hearts" (1 Thess. 2:4).
It is clear from these verses that God is the Examiner of hearts, who weighs them, tests them, and knows their secrets. He is the One who tells man what his thought is. He alone knows the hearts of all human beings. He alone is the Examiner of hearts and minds. Nevertheless we see that:
©st-takla.org : Saint Takla Haymanout Website: General Portal for the Coptic Orthodox Church Faith, Egypt / Contact us at:
Bible | Daily Readings | Agbeya | Books | Lyrics | Gallery | Media | Links | Contact us