St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories
St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories

Christian Library | Full Free Coptic Books | Orthodox Library

Short Stories (Stories for the Youth), book by Father Tadros Yacoub Malaty

506- Three Wolves in Alaska

 

A young lad came to me groaning bitterly of his bodily lusts and defiled thoughts and emotions crying, “Why did God create me an emotional human being? Who can save me from my evil thoughts and control my senses?”

I talked with him about the authority Lord Jesus Christ gave us to change our destructive emotions into constructive ones. When our eyes concentrate on our beloved the Savior of the world we realize that our feelings and emotions are Divine gifts which support us in our daily life and in worshipping God. However, when we ill-use them, they become destructive.

St-Takla.org Image: Wolf, Canis Lupus صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: ذئب: كانيس لوبوس

St-Takla.org Image: Wolf, Canis Lupus.

صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: ذئب: كانيس لوبوس.

I then remembered an exciting short story written in a book for the children.

 

In Alaska, the Eskimo live amid the snow. They build their houses of snow. One of them observed that three huge wolves are wandering in search for a prey. His friends and neighbors were frightened. This man threw some meat containing an anesthetic beside his snowy hut during a snowy storm. In the midst of the storm, the wolves found a chance to go out to prey since the dogs were hiding in the huts. The wolves came to where the meat containing the anesthetic was and ate it after some hesitation. Thus, they lost conscience. The man went out and found them unconscious. He dragged them near the hut. His wife thought that he would kill them. However, he put bridles in their mouths and bound them to his vehicle. When the wolves came to conscience they found themselves reined and bound. At first, they resisted and refused to drag the vehicle. However, under the lashes of the whip, even children were able to drive the vehicle dragged by the wolves. The man gave them not the meat they desired but whatever was left. They resisted no more but served the man and his family. All people wondered how he turned these wild beasts into tamed ones.

→ English translation of the story here at St-Takla.org: ثلاثة ذئاب في ألاسكا.

St-Takla.org Divider

Who can turn my thoughts, senses and emotions to construction but Your Holy Spirit!

May Your Spirit drive my vehicle and consecrate all my abilities.

May my body together with my soul become a holy vehicle always going forth towards Your Heaven.

Thanks for what You gave me.

My emotions and senses are Your holy Gifts.

You sanctify all my abilities for the edification of many people.

Let me not give my body what it desires but the spiritual food which is prayers and the Word of God that sanctifies everything.

Thus, I would become subject to the work of Your Holy Spirit and my depth would be a heavenly delightful vehicle.


Bible | Daily Readings | Agbeya | Books | Lyrics | Gallery | Media | Links

https://st-takla.org/books/en/fr-tadros-yacoub/short-stories/0506-alaska.html

Short URL (link):
tak.la/7rza9fx