St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories
St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories

Christian Library | Full Free Coptic Books | Orthodox Library

Short Stories (Stories for the Youth), book by Father Tadros Yacoub Malaty

504- I Feared a Mouse, Didn’t Fear God

 

Fr. Mikhail Ibrahim delivered a sermon which was an open confession of his weakness.

He said,

St-Takla.org Image: A white mouse. صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: فأر أبيض.

St-Takla.org Image: A white mouse.

صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: فأر أبيض.

One Day, I woke up at four A.M. I said to myself, “It’s too early. I’ll sleep for a while.” Before sleeping, I felt a strange movement. I saw a mouse running in the room so I got afraid. Yes my children, I was afraid of the mouse which ran beside me not of God who dwells inside me. I preferred sleeping to praying early.

→ English translation of the story here at St-Takla.org: خفت من الفأر ولم أخف من الله!

St-Takla.org Divider

May Your Fear fill my heart. May I fear God thus, I will fear no one.

 

 

“The fear of the lord is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding” (Prov. 9.10).

 

“By humility and the fear of the lord Are riches and honor and life” (Prov. 22.4).

 

"The fear of the Lord is honor, and glory, and gladness, and a crown of rejoicing” (Sira. 1.11).

 

“The fear of the Lord maketh a merry heart, and giveth joy, and gladness, and a long life" (Sira. 1.12).

 

"To fear the Lord is fullness of wisdom, and filleth men with her fruits" (Sira. 1.16).

 

"The fear of the Lord is a crown of wisdom, making peace and perfect health to flourish" (Sira. 1.18).

 

"The root of wisdom is to fear the Lord, and the branches thereof are long life" (Sira. 1.20).

 

"The fear of the Lord driveth away sins" (Sira. 1.21).

 

"And let just men eat and drink with thee; and let thy glorying be in the fear of the Lord" (Sira. 9.16).

 

"Whether he be rich, noble, or poor, their glory is the fear of the Lord" (Sira. 10.22).

 

"The perfection of the fear of the Lord is wisdom" (Sira. 21.11).

 

"And they that remain shall know that there is nothing better than the fear of the Lord, and that there is nothing sweeter than to take heed unto the commandments of the Lord" (Sira. 23.27).

 

"Much experience is the crown of old men, and the fear of God is their glory" (Sira. 25.6).

 

 “Yet is there none above him that feareth the Lord" (Sira. 25.10).

 

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of his love: and faith is the beginning of cleaving unto him" (Sira. 25.12).

 

"Unless a man hold himself diligently in the fear of the Lord, his house shall soon be overthrown" (Sira. 27.3).

 

“Riches and strength lift up the heart: but the fear of the Lord is above them both: there is no want in the fear of the Lord, and it needeth not to seek help” (Sira. 40.26).

 

“The fear of the Lord is a fruitful garden, and covereth him above all glory” (Sira. 40.27).

 

"His delight is in the fear of the lord, And He shall not judge by the sight of His eyes, Nor decide by the hearing of His ears" (Isa. 11.3).

 

"Wisdom and knowledge will be the stability of your times, And the strength of salvation; The fear of the lord is His treasure" (Isa. 33.6).


Bible | Daily Readings | Agbeya | Books | Lyrics | Gallery | Media | Links

https://st-takla.org/books/en/fr-tadros-yacoub/short-stories/0504-mouse.html

Short URL (link):
tak.la/gqgr5xn