St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories
St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories

Christian Library | Full Free Coptic Books | Orthodox Library

Short Stories (Stories for the Youth), book by Father Tadros Yacoub Malaty

479- What is our Balance?

 

A hotel’s bellboy brought a suitcase into the room of a clergyman. The clergyman was telling the bellboy about God’s true and honest promises.

He asked the bellboy nicely, “How many pounds do you have?”

The bellboy replied, “Five Dollars.”

St-Takla.org Image: A happy man holding money, banknotes صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: رجل سعيد فرح يحمل أموال، مال، فلوس، بنكونوت

St-Takla.org Image: A happy man holding money, banknotes.

صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: رجل سعيد فرح يحمل أموال، مال، فلوس، بنكونوت.

The clergyman realized that the bellboy survived on tips for the rest of the month. He gave him two Dollar, then asked, “How many pounds do you have?”

The bellboy answered, “Seven.”

The clergyman took away two pounds from the bellboy, then asked, “How many Dollars do you have?”

The bellboy said, “Five.”

The clergyman reproached him, “How can you say that you have five Dollars when I gave you two for a tip? Do you think that I lie and take away two Dollars from you?”

The bellboy answered, “I’ve seven Dollars: five with me and two in your hand.”

The clergyman then commented that this is the way with God’s promises. He gives us a deposit and the remainder of his promises is in His hands. Our balance is not only what we received but also what God prepared for us.

→ English translation of the story here at St-Takla.org: كم هو رصيدنا؟

St-Takla.org Divider

My balance is not only what You gave me,

But also what You have prepared for me.

You keep my balance honestly

So when shall I enjoy it?

St-Takla.org Divider

Wherefore was (Lord Jesus) called the Way?

That thou mightest understand that by Him we have access to the Father.

Wherefore was He called the Rock?

That thou mightest understand the secure and unshaken character of the faith.

Wherefore was He called the Foundation?

That thou mightest understand that He upholdeth all things.

Wherefore was He called the Root?

That thou mightest understand that in Him we have our power of growth.

Wherefore was He called the Shepherd?

Because He feeds us.

Wherefore was He called a sheep?

Because He was sacrificed for us and became a propitiatory offering.

Wherefore was He called the Life? Because He raised us up when we were dead.

Wherefore was He called the Light? Because He delivered us from darkness.

Why was He called an Arm? Because He is of one substance with the Father.

Why was He called the Word? Because He was begotten of the Father.

For as my word is the offspring of my spirit, even so was the Son begotten of the Father.

Wherefore is He called our raiment?

Because I was clothed with Him when I was baptized.

Why is He called a table? Because I feed upon Him when I partake of the mysteries.

Why is He called a house? Because I dwell in Him.

Why is He called an inmate of the house? Because we become His Temple.

Wherefore is He called the Head? Because I have been made a member of His.

Why is He called a Bridegroom? Because He hath taken me as His bride.

Wherefore is He called undefiled? Because He took me as a virgin.

Wherefore is He called Master? Because I am His bondmaid.

Therefore having heard these things, think not I pray you that they are corporeal;

But stretch thy thought further: for such things cannot be corporeal.

(Second Letter to Eutropius. St. John Chrysostom).


Bible | Daily Readings | Agbeya | Books | Lyrics | Gallery | Media | Links

https://st-takla.org/books/en/fr-tadros-yacoub/short-stories/0479-balance.html

Short URL (link):
tak.la/mh84zj3