St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories
St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories

Christian Library | Full Free Coptic Books | Orthodox Library

Short Stories (Stories for the Youth), book by Father Tadros Yacoub Malaty

472- A Dialogue between Two Fetuses

 

Yvette was pregnant and expecting twins. After few months, the two fetuses engaged in a pleasant dialogue. The older fetus said, “Brother, don’t you feel that we are two happy creatures?

We live in a beautiful world carried by a loving and kind mother. She only cares about our health, safety and growth. We don’t work, make any effort or face any problems. Our mother presents us with her blood as a ready-made food for our nutrition. We don’t worry if we get hurt for, our mother goes to the doctor and pays for the check up and medicine while we rest. We don’t suffer from the heat of the sun or the cold at night. We’ve no need for a bed to sleep in for we’re comfortable in our mother’s womb. We don’t walk here or there. Instead, we play together wherever our mother goes.”

The younger fetus replied, “Brother, you’re right, but definitely we’ve to grow and be born to live in another world.”

St-Takla.org Image: Twins in the womb, babies صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: توأمان في رحم، طفلان، بيبي

St-Takla.org Image: Twins in the womb, babies.

صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: توأمان في رحم، طفلان، بيبي.

The older one said, “Do you believe that? We’ll stay for some months in this world and we’ll stay here till the end.”

The younger one replied, “Let’s stay here so when the time of birth comes we won’t go into a strange world.”

When the moment of birth came, the two babies came out screaming for they did not want to leave the fetuses’ world. After a while, they opened their eyes and saw what they could not imagine. They realized that the cord had to be cut to allow them to live a new and better life.

→ English translation of the story here at St-Takla.org: حوار بين جنينين!

St-Takla.org Divider

How long shall I want to live in the world of fetuses?

How long shall I live far from the new life?

May I struggle and enjoy the sweetness of continuous growth.

May I give up all that is childish,

And live in maturity.

Lord, give me the spirit of wisdom and knowledge,

To live happily in my struggle,

Waiting for a New World, a new heaven and a new earth.

May I enjoy what You promised me,

“ Eye has not seen,

Nor ear heard,

Nor have entered into the heart of man

The things which God has prepared for those who love Him”

(1 Cor. 2.9).


Bible | Daily Readings | Agbeya | Books | Lyrics | Gallery | Media | Links

https://st-takla.org/books/en/fr-tadros-yacoub/short-stories/0472-fetus.html

Short URL (link):
tak.la/g95pzfx