St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories
St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories

Christian Library | Full Free Coptic Books | Orthodox Library

Short Stories (Stories for the Youth), book by Father Tadros Yacoub Malaty

443- Two Birds Lamenting Humanity

 

Two birds heard a loud cry from a third bird under the tree. The two birds looked down and found their friend captured in a trap so they wept bitterly. One said to the other, “I wonder why humans set traps for us!”

“They find satisfaction in eating us.”

“What have we done to them, what violent creatures!”

“Yesterday I saw a young man pulling the feathers of a friend bird of ours. He tied a string around him and was playing with it all day. How cruel is the human being. Does man enjoy the misery of others? Does he desire their suffering?”

St-Takla.org Image: A red bird (Robin), from Saint Takla's Website 2008 Ethiopia journey photos صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: طائر أحمر، عصفور صغير، من صور رحلة موقع أنبا تكلا للحبشة، 2008

St-Takla.org Image: A red bird (Robin), from Saint Takla's Website 2008 Ethiopia journey photos - Photograph by Michael Ghaly for St-Takla.org, April-June 2008.

صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: طائر أحمر، عصفور صغير، من صور رحلة موقع أنبا تكلا للحبشة، 2008 - تصوير مايكل غالي لـ: موقع الأنبا تكلا، إبريل - يونيو 2008.

“Truly, what a poor creature he is. His heart has become crueler than any other creature.”

“How come? I heard that man is a loving creature.

“Well, I’ve never seen a lion eating a lion or a group of wolves fighting with each other. But rarely do we see any two human beings living under the same roof and not fighting.”

“You may think that because of our weakness they set traps for us. But what do you say about the millions of dollars spent by humans to make arms and fight one another?”

“I’m truly saddened for half the humanity is providing arms for the other half.”

→ English translation of the story here at St-Takla.org: عصفوران يحزنان على البشرية!

St-Takla.org Divider

My lord You have made me a king over all earthly creatures.

You have asked me to have my brethren living in my depth with love,

And live together as free kings.

Violence has entered the depth of my soul.

I have become in need to learn even from wild animals,

For, they do not fight each other.

Grant me the royal love.

You came down to our earth to raise us up and to renew our cruel nature.

May You enter my heart of stone,

And transform my harsh life to a heaven full of love.


Bible | Daily Readings | Agbeya | Books | Lyrics | Gallery | Media | Links

https://st-takla.org/books/en/fr-tadros-yacoub/short-stories/0443-humankind.html

Short URL (link):
tak.la/g7ma6vz