St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories
St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories

Christian Library | Full Free Coptic Books | Orthodox Library

Short Stories (Stories for the Youth), book by Father Tadros Yacoub Malaty

379- He Left and Neglected Me

 

Several weeks ago, a university graduate came to me to make confession. He told me that he has not made confession since he was a primary-school pupil. When I asked for the reason, he answered, “I was making confession but my father confessor excused and left me maybe because of a certain problem or ... What I remember is that he left and forgot about me. I left the church with bitter feelings not towards him only but towards all priests. Thus, my relation with the church and with My Lord Jesus has been very cold for all these years.”

St-Takla.org Image: Thinking, contemplation in the desert, a sad young man, tears, cry, sigh. صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: تفكير، تأمل في الصحراء، فتى أو شاب حزين، دموع، بكاء، تنهد.

St-Takla.org Image: Thinking, contemplation in the desert, a sad young man, tears, cry, sigh.

صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: تفكير، تأمل في الصحراء، فتى أو شاب حزين، دموع، بكاء، تنهد.

I then remembered what Lord Jesus Christ said,

“And whoever gives one of these little ones only a cup of cold water in the name of a disciple,

Assuredly, I say to you, he shall by no means lose his reward”

(Matt. 10.42).

I felt that many people are suffering from being deprived of love and emotions, waiting for the sons of God, priests and laymen, to offer a cup of water to quench their inner fire. They need care, a smile or a phone call provided that it is coming from the heart. The world is thirsty for a cup of water while we do not offer it.

→ English translation of the story here at St-Takla.org: تركني! وأهملني!

St-Takla.org Divider

I Am Thirsty

 Many a time, I yearn for a word of love.

My Savior, You quenched the fire of my soul,

With the fountain of blood AND WATER WHICH sprang out from Your side.

 You loved me with Your love sacrifice.

You never wounded me with one word of blame.

On the contrary, You covered me with the spring of Your love.

 Grant me to give You a cup of water,

Through my brethren,

Not from the ending water of this world,

But from the water of Your love which runs in my heart.

 May I love all even those who persecute me.

May I quench You, through them, with fresh water,

Which is the gift of Your Holy Spirit.


Bible | Daily Readings | Agbeya | Books | Lyrics | Gallery | Media | Links

https://st-takla.org/books/en/fr-tadros-yacoub/short-stories/0379-he-left-me.html

Short URL (link):
tak.la/d88bvj6