St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories
St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories

Christian Library | Full Free Coptic Books | Orthodox Library

Short Stories (Stories for the Youth), book by Father Tadros Yacoub Malaty

140- A Speeding Car

 

Peter rode with his friend John in John’s car. As Peter loves praying, he lifted up his heart to the Lord his Savior beseeching God to lead his life on earth as a trip towards heaven. On the way, John sped to 45 mph. Peter started to pray for John while looking at his beloved friend, reciting in his heart “May God shepherd you and take care of you.”

After a few minutes, the car speed reached 65 mph, so Peter asked God to protect him from the dangers of the road saying, “Protect me O lord for I have depended on You.”

St-Takla.org Image: Speedy Car صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: سيارة مسرعة

St-Takla.org Image: Speedy Car.

صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: سيارة مسرعة.

The speed increased to 75 mph. Peter’s prayers became whispers, “To You I come nearer O my God.”

The speed increased even more to 85 mph and Peter raised his voice saying, “Unto You O God I come near. Indeed I have come very near to You.”

As the speed reached 95 mph Peter screamed with his prayer saying, “Yes this world is no longer my dwelling place.”

When the speed reached 100 mph he screamed even louder, “My God unto You I come!” The speed reached over 100 mph, so Peter’s screaming increased, “Yes Lord grant to my life holy memories.”

→ English translation of the story here at St-Takla.org: سيارة مسرعة.

St-Takla.org Divider

 

So whenever my soul walks in God’s path, the inner heart screams are lifted to God asking Him not only protection in this world, but to be closer to Him. I also feel my alienation from this present world and wish to meet my Savior face to face. I wish that my life be transformed into holy memories or a living testimony of God’s work in me.

 

St-Takla.org Divider

 

My savior may You drive the car of my life.

Yes, hasten so I can come closer to You.

To realize my alienation from this world and to cry,

“I am coming to You. I desire to see You, for You are my glory.”


Bible | Daily Readings | Agbeya | Books | Lyrics | Gallery | Media | Links

https://st-takla.org/books/en/fr-tadros-yacoub/short-stories/0140-car.html

Short URL (link):
tak.la/amr5mhp