St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories
St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories

Christian Library | Full Free Coptic Books | Orthodox Library

Short Stories (Stories for the Youth), book by Father Tadros Yacoub Malaty

136- Because God took him

 

A mother sat with her little girl, Nancy, to read to her from the Holy Bible. She read to her the following verse,

“So all the days of Enoch were three hundred and sixty five years, and Enoch walked with God;

And was not, for God took him” (Gen. 5.23-24).

St-Takla.org         Image: Enoch the Righteous, Coptic icon by Tasony Sawsan صورة: أيقونة القديس أخنوخ البار، رسم قبطي معاصر - تاسوني سوسن

St-Takla.org Image: Enoch the Righteous, Coptic icon by Tasony Sawsan.

صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: أيقونة القديس أخنوخ البار، رسم قبطي معاصر - تاسوني سوسن.

The mother gave her daughter, as she used to do, a chance to express what she heard in her own simple expressions.

The child said, “Mum, Enoch lived with God, and God walked and talked with him. They were close friends. Each of them revealed his secrets to the other. For days, weeks, months, for a full year they talked. A year after year and for 365 years they remained friends.

One day as Enoch was walking and talking with God, Enoch said to God, “My dear God, It is late in the day; let us go to my house and sit together.”

God said to Enoch, “Why Enoch, we have walked together and chatted for 365 years and now we are closer to my home than yours. Why don’t you come today in my place?

Come with me to my home for My Angels, and my heavenly servants are anxious to see you, My dear friend.”

Enoch agreed and he went with God. Enoch was no longer to be found here on earth, for God took him.

→ English translation of the story here at St-Takla.org: لأن اللَّه أخذه!

St-Takla.org Divider

My estrangement has been for too long my beloved friend.

When will You invite me to Your heavenly home?

I long to rest in Your bosom,

To meet Your heavenly servants,

To be with You in Your heavens, and not in this world.

Yes Lord, grant me to walk with You, to converse with You the words of true love,

To talk with You in Your heavens forever.

St-Takla.org Divider

Surely those who dread death are the ones who are not born from water and spirit, for they shall be delivered to the fire of hell. Those who dread death are the ones who have not experienced the cross and sufferings of Christ. Those who dread death are the ones who expect after death yet another death.

Why do we pray asking “Thy kingdom come” if the bondage of this world fascinates us?

Whoever has come in touch with the throne of Christ, and the glory of the kingdom of heaven, ought not to mourn and cry; but rejoice for his departure from the world according to the promises of Jesus Christ, and his faith in the truth.

(St. Cyprian).


Bible | Daily Readings | Agbeya | Books | Lyrics | Gallery | Media | Links

https://st-takla.org/books/en/fr-tadros-yacoub/short-stories/0136-took.html

Short URL (link):
tak.la/h96vkhc