St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories
St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories

Christian Library | Full Free Coptic Books | Orthodox Library

Short Stories (Stories for the Youth), book by Father Tadros Yacoub Malaty

128- Switch off the Recorder

 

St-Takla.org Image: Father Bishoy Kamel during a conference. صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: الأب بيشوي كامل خلال أحد المؤتمرات.

St-Takla.org Image: Father Bishoy Kamel during a conference.

صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: الأب بيشوي كامل خلال أحد المؤتمرات.

When Father Pishoy Kamel was ordained, many were attracted to Jesus since they saw in him a man of great love. One of the servants in Los Angeles told me the following story.

“When Father Pishoy came to Los Angeles, he visited me in my house. I asked if he’d like to hear a nice preacher, he said, “Yes.”

As soon as he heard the preacher glorifying an important personality, he asked me to stop the recorder. I asked, “Why?”

He answered, “The preacher that brags about talking with a great man about Christ, isn’t fit for the kingdom of heaven. Did Jesus die for great men only? Is the soul of this great man more precious than that of a slave?”

→ English translation of the story here at St-Takla.org: اغلق المُسجل: الريكوردر.

St-Takla.org Divider

Perhaps the most valuable thing in Father Pishoy’s life is his desire for the salvation of every soul whether rich or poor, young or old, literate or illiterate.

St-Takla.org Divider

I wish to see every soul saved.

My desire is to see the whole world enjoying You.

Let me die so my brother would live.

Let me be poor so others would get rich.

Let me have the honor of reaching the last raw where I shall find You,

Stretching Your arms to hug those who are in front of You.


Bible | Daily Readings | Agbeya | Books | Lyrics | Gallery | Media | Links

https://st-takla.org/books/en/fr-tadros-yacoub/short-stories/0128-recorder.html

Short URL (link):
tak.la/jyckn4k