St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories
St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories

Christian Library | Full Free Coptic Books | Orthodox Library

Short Stories (Stories for the Youth), book by Father Tadros Yacoub Malaty

35- A rich poor

 

I remember in my youth an old woman, in her seventies, who lived in Esna, Upper Egypt. She had a paralyzed son, unable to work, married and has ten children. Some people used to support her financially for the sake of her son and grandchildren who had nothing. She used to travel to her son in Luxor, in Upper Egypt, weekly to give him his needs and return in the same day. I never saw her asking for help from anyone. She never missed a mass and she used to come to church to pray not to ask for help.

St-Takla.org Image: An old woman - by Amgad Wadea صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: امرأة عجوز - رسم أمجد وديع

St-Takla.org Image: An old woman - by Amgad Wadea.

صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: امرأة عجوز - رسم أمجد وديع.

This lady died, and her funeral was held in St. Mary’s Church which is huge yet full with people, specially the poor. The poor were crying as if they have lost their mother and when one of the priests asked them, they said to him, “She’s our mother. She gives us a monthly salary and she gives us from what is given to her for her son.”

This is a real picture of the rich in great love to the poor and needy. She was never sad because of her son’s situation rather her concern for others made the doors of heaven be opened in front of her; she takes and gives others who need.

→ English translation of the story here at St-Takla.org: فقيرة غنية!

St-Takla.org Divider

This lady full of love helps us not to reject others and at the same time she blames us for worrying about tomorrow with all its needs.

And you, is your heart full of love? Remember that the love of giving gives you strong personality. It opens heaven’s doors before you as it makes others love you.

St-Takla.org Divider

As my hands are stretched lovingly to give.

I see Your hands opened to hold my offerings.

You give me Your existence in me,

You! Who exists in the loving hearts.

You put in me great love and peace.

You offer me hundred times in this world,

And a share in Your eternity.


Bible | Daily Readings | Agbeya | Books | Lyrics | Gallery | Media | Links

https://st-takla.org/books/en/fr-tadros-yacoub/short-stories/0035-poor-rich.html

Short URL (link):
tak.la/8a33vjj