St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories
St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories

Christian Library | Full Free Coptic Books | Orthodox Library

Short Stories (Stories for the Youth), book by Father Tadros Yacoub Malaty

25- Father Pishoy!

 

During the period that Father Pishoy Kamel spent in London for medical treatment, one of his spiritual daughters used to call him regularly to enquire about his health. After his departure from this world, that young lady was subjected to a vicious attack, on a New Jersey street, where a man stabbed her twelve times. She was subsequently hospitalised, being in a very critical condition. Although she had lost conscience, she kept murmuring: “Father Pishoy! Father Pishoy! Don’t leave me!” Since she used to serve with Father Pishoy Dimitri in East Brunswick, those who heard her contacted him saying that she was looking for him to pray for her. Father Pishoy Dimitri therefore visited her, prayed for her and anointed her with holy oil. She then regained conscience and said, “I thank my God who didn’t forsake me, but sent the holy virgin, Pope Kyrillos and Father Pishoy Kamel who prayed for me. Father Pishoy never left my side and stayed with me till the end.”

St-Takla.org Image: Father Beshoy Camel exhausted by cancer at his late days. صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: أبينا بيشوي كامل، ويبدو عليه التعب بسبب مرض السرطان.

St-Takla.org Image: Father Beshoy Camel exhausted by cancer at his late days.

صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: أبينا بيشوي كامل، ويبدو عليه التعب بسبب مرض السرطان.

One of the American surgeons who operated on her said, “I’ve treated many non-fatal cases. But during this one, where hope for recovery had been lost, I felt that an invisible hand was performing throughout the operation.”

→ English translation of the story here at St-Takla.org: أبونا بيشوي! أبونا بيشوي!

St-Takla.org Divider

Friendships from the other world

* You have descended, O Wonderful One, to save me,

And to establish with me a unique friendship .

To me, You became a brother in the depths of my soul,

Deeper than my soul .

I see You, I hear You, and I feel Your love.

* You have granted me friendships from the other world.

You opened for me the gates of heaven, to let me befriend Your angels

And the heavenly hosts.

You opened for me the gate to Paradise,

Making me perceive that death did not destroy my brothers’ love,

Those who pray and intercede for me,

Seeking my salvation and awaiting my crossing over to them.

Truly, Your works with us are wonderful.


Bible | Daily Readings | Agbeya | Books | Lyrics | Gallery | Media | Links

https://st-takla.org/books/en/fr-tadros-yacoub/short-stories/0025-fr-bishoy.html

Short URL (link):
tak.la/8yvdd3v