St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories
St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories

Christian Library | Full Free Coptic Books | Orthodox Library

Short Stories (Stories for the Youth), book by Father Tadros Yacoub Malaty

7- He Alone Remained with me

 

As Fr. Pishoy sat beside the man he said to him, “I hope all your problems have been solved. You seem happy.”

“No,” he responded, “everything is the same, but I realize that Jesus is dwelling in me when I go through some tribulation and struggle. I’ll tell you of a dream, or perhaps a vision, that filled me with joy.”

“I went to sleep very broken hearted, so broken hearted that I was at the point of committing suicide. I decided to throw myself from a very high mountain. On my way to the mountain, I encountered many of my friends. They all gave me comforting words, but I didn’t feel that I could share my agony with any of them.

St-Takla.org Image: Fr. Bishoy Kamel carrying the Holy cross and a microphone. صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: القمص أبونا بيشوي كامل وهو يحمل الصليب المقدس وميكروفونًا.

St-Takla.org Image: Fr. Bishoy Kamel carrying the Holy cross and a microphone.

صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: القمص أبونا بيشوي كامل وهو يحمل الصليب المقدس وميكروفونًا.

As I continued on my way towards the mountain, I met a priest who gave me good words, but the agony in my heart increased as he spoke of the promises of God. I wasn’t even able to accept his words.

Further along on my way, I met an angel who told me about the joys of heaven and how the faithful are waiting for their brothers and sisters to join them in the life of praise and joy in heaven. He also talked to me about life on earth, with all its agony, but in my stupidity I insisted to continue on my way to suicide.

As I continued on, I reached the top of the mountain. From there I could hear the voices of my friends, the priest and the angels weeping over me. But I was too distressed to pay them any attention. I realized that all of them loved me, but none of them was able to solve my problems.

Finally, I threw myself from the mountain. My body slammed into a rock and I started to bleed. Before I knew what was going on, I heard a sound, as of a man who had fallen beside me.

 It was Jesus. He threw Himself after me to save me from my certain death. Everyone tried to save me, but it was Jesus alone who was able to come to me, even to the point of death, to give me life. By His wounds, He healed my wounds. He is the Only One who can go to my tomb to offer me the resurrection. He has the power to convert my darkness into light and my agony into joy.”

→ English translation of the story here at St-Takla.org: بقي وحده معي!

St-Takla.org Divider

Always With Me

 

I will never fear

I will never lose hope.

You are with me.

Allow me, O Lord, to see Your arms open to embrace me.

Yes Lord, I see You in the depth of my heart

Where Your Holy Spirit lifts my heart to You.

I hear Your voice through the world around me,

Through my family, through my father confessor and through my brethren in Christ.

I see You transfigured before me

And enter into a deep conversation with You

Through Your Bible that is full of joy and Your holy Church.


Bible | Daily Readings | Agbeya | Books | Lyrics | Gallery | Media | Links

https://st-takla.org/books/en/fr-tadros-yacoub/short-stories/0007-only.html

Short URL (link):
tak.la/y852fj7