Rites and Rituals of the Coptic Orthodox Church
Dictionary of Coptic Orthodox Church Terms and Terminology
* A Greek word "κανόνας" meaning a straight rod or bar. In Christian language it was adopted to denote the following:
1. Canon of Scripture - the list of genuine and inspired books of the Bible.
2. The church canons, such as liturgical rules, especially that part of the Liturgy of Eucharist which includes the consecration, and rules concerning the life and discipline of the Church.
* The Holy Bible gives us a way for salvation, whereas it gives the Church the right to put canons to discipline worship and behavior in a biblical spirit.
* Church canons are issued either by ecumenical or local councils.
* Every church canon has to be issued in biblical spirit and church concept.
Jump to letter index page
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Like & share St-Takla.org
? Saint Takla Haymanout Website: Coptic Orthodox Church - Alexandria, Egypt / URL: https://st-takla.org / Contact us at