With Respect to Him Being the One to Whom Glory and Power Belong
(1) The phrase: "To Him be glory and dominion forever" belongs to God alone. It is included in the Seraphim's praise to God in the Book of Isaiah, chapter 6, verse 3.
(2) However, the Holy Bible gives us the idea that the Lord Jesus Christ has this glory which befits Him as God: He sits in His glory, as the Judge of all peoples and nations. Christ the Lord says: "When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne off His glory. All the nations will be gathered before Him" (Matt. 25:31,32).
(3) Moreover, the Holy Bible mentions that the Lord Jesus Christ has the same glory with the Father. Christ says: "For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works" (Matt. 16:27), and: "Whoever is ashamed of Me and My words, of him the Son of Man will be ashamed when He comes in His own glory, and in His Father's, and of the holy angels" (Lk. 9:26).
(4) How can the Lord Jesus Christ have the glory of the Father unless He is God Himself, because God is not rivalled by anyone in His glory, and He said: "I am the Lord, that is My name; and My glory I will not give to another" (Is. 42:8)?
(5) The equality of the Son with the Father in glory is mentioned in the Book of Revelation with respect to the Son being "in the midst of the throne" (Rev. 7:17), and in the praise which the Visionary heard from every creature in heaven and on earth, and we have discussed this issue before here on st-takla.org in other pages. He heard them saying: "Blessing and honour and glory and power be to Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, forever and ever!" (Rev. 5:13) The same glory and power due to the Father are due to the Son who is likened to a slain Lamb (Rev. 5:6). This equal glory is forever and ever and is undoubtedly proof of Christ's Divinity.
(6) The Lord Jesus Christ says about this glory: "I.. sat downwith My Father on His throne" (Rev. 3:21). He also says that He had this glory with the Father before the world was (Jn. 17:4,5).
(7) Our teacher St. Peter the Apostle says: "But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen" (2 Pet. 3:18). The term "our Lord" together with the term "to Him be glory" are clear proofs of Christ's Divinity.
(8) The Apostle also says: "That in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen" (1 Pet. 4:1 1). How splendid it will be if we compare the last two verses with the words of St. Jude the Apostle: to God our Savior, who alone is wise, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and forever. Amen" (Jude: 25). The glory attributed to the Father is the same glory attributed to the Son.
©st-takla.org : Saint Takla Haymanout Website: General Portal for the Coptic Orthodox Church Faith, Egypt / Contact us at:
Bible | Daily Readings | Agbeya | Books | Lyrics | Gallery | Media | Links | Contact us
External ads إعلانات خارجية