St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories
St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories

Christian Library | Full Free Coptic Books | Orthodox Library

Short Stories (Stories for the Youth), book by Father Tadros Yacoub Malaty

435- The Decision of the Mice Conference

 

The cat was going all around the house and the garden looking for mice to eat. Actually he ate a lot of them so that the rest had to hide in their holes for a long time. The mice became hungry and did not dare to go out to eat. The cat celebrated his wedding and went with his bride for a honeymoon in the fields. This was a chance for the mice to go out of their holes to eat and to collect food for storage. Toward the end of the month, the mice organized a conference to discuss the situation from all sides.

St-Takla.org Image: Lion and two lionesses - Photograph by Michael Ghaly for St-Takla.org, South Africa, 2008 صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: أسد و2 لبؤة - تصوير مايكل غالي لـ: موقع الأنبا تكلا هيمانوت، جنوب أفريقيا، 2008

St-Takla.org Image: Lion and two lionesses - Photograph by Michael Ghaly for St-Takla.org, South Africa, 2008.

صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: أسد و2 لبؤة - تصوير مايكل غالي لـ: موقع الأنبا تكلا هيمانوت، جنوب أفريقيا، 2008.

After long discussions, one of the mice said, “I found a solution to the problem. The matter is very simple.”

“Good, so what should we do?”

“We hang a bell on the neck of each cat. Every time one of them moves, we hear the bell and escape from them.”

“That’s a very good idea. You’re an intelligent and wise mouse.”

The conference ended with the decision to hang the bells at the cats’ necks. Furthermore, a committee was selected to implement the decision. The committee met and they all wondered about whom would put those bells around the cats’ necks. They realized that practically no one could do the job.

→ English translation of the story here at St-Takla.org: قرار من مؤتمر الفئران.

St-Takla.org Divider

Lord, let me be practical in my decisions.

Who, in all humanity, could hang a bell on the devil’s neck?

Who else could save me from perishing except You, Savior of all?

The enemy is happy to kill me and thinks that I could not escape his grip.

But You are the Lion from the tribe of Judas.

You destroy Satan and his kingdom.

You carry me in Your hands.

You give wings to my soul.

Then I fly and live with You in heaven.


Bible | Daily Readings | Agbeya | Books | Lyrics | Gallery | Media | Links

https://st-takla.org/books/en/fr-tadros-yacoub/short-stories/0435-decision.html

Short URL (link):
tak.la/b24xm92