St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories
St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories

Christian Library | Full Free Coptic Books | Orthodox Library

Short Stories (Stories for the Youth), book by Father Tadros Yacoub Malaty

346- On the Cigarette Pack

 

St-Takla.org           Image: A Cigarette صورة: سيجارة، السيجارة، السجائر

St-Takla.org Image: A Cigarette.

صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: سيجارة، السيجارة، السجائر.

In Brisbane, Australia, while I was talking to the beloved father Mosa Soliman, he told me the following story about how Pope Cyril the Sixth had a miraculous role in the life of smokers.

One beloved person was suffering from smoking for several years. The smoker got one of the books about the miracles of Pope Cyril and placed it on top of the cigarette pack. He then said, “Pope Cyril, you can pray for me to stop smoking.”

Two hours went by without the urge to smoke. He thought it was just a psychological condition. He tried to get a cigarette and light it but he felt sick because of the nasty smell of burning. He again said, “It might be a psychological condition.” He got another cigarette and the same thing happened.

A guest came to his house and found him in a state of surprise. He asked the guest to get him a cigarette from his pack. The same thing happened and since that time he never smoked again.

I narrated this story to another person who was also suffering from smoking and he used the same idea with successful results. That was due to the prayers of Pope Cyril.

→ English translation of the story here at St-Takla.org: فوق علبة السجاير.

St-Takla.org Divider

I thank you my Lord because death can not ruin my life.

I abide in You so that my mission would not stop even after my death.

I shall work for Your kingdom as long as I live.

Death will not be able to destroy my love for my brothers.

Lord I am no longer afraid of death.

Through it I pass to You, O the Desire of my spirit.

Truly, my love increases to all mankind.

Generations of believers that have left are now supporting us with their prayers.

 Let the existing generations, clergy and people support everyone with practical love.


Bible | Daily Readings | Agbeya | Books | Lyrics | Gallery | Media | Links

https://st-takla.org/books/en/fr-tadros-yacoub/short-stories/0346-cigarettes.html

Short URL (link):
tak.la/5vff3d8