St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories
St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories

Christian Library | Full Free Coptic Books | Orthodox Library

Short Stories (Stories for the Youth), book by Father Tadros Yacoub Malaty

343- With the Bus Driver

 

A lady in Australia told me the following story:

I took the bus; there was no one except the driver. I prayed to God to give me word for his salvation but I was silent for a while not knowing what to say. I was reading the Bible on the bus.

The driver asked me, “What kind of book are you reading?”

St-Takla.org Image: Arabic Holy Bible, with golden paper edges - click for the Arabic Bible Search صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: الكتاب المقدس باللغة العربية، مع حواف ورق ذهبية- اضغط للدخول لصفحة البحث في الإنجيل

St-Takla.org Image: Arabic Holy Bible, with golden paper edges - click for the Arabic Bible Search

صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: الكتاب المقدس باللغة العربية، مع حواف ورق ذهبية- اضغط للدخول لصفحة البحث في الإنجيل

The Bible,” I answered. As the Lord opened a chance for me to speak to the driver, I handed him a tract about the life in Christ but he told me that he does not believe in Christ or in the Bible or in the everlasting life.

I asked the driver, “Do you have friends?”

He said, “Yes, many.”

“If you became ill, how many friends will come and visit you in the hospital?”

He answered, “May be 3 or 4 friends.”

I replied, “I don’t think any one will come. But the Lord Jesus, the only One that came from heaven, Lover of mankind, is there for both your body and spirit. He is the Only One concerned with our needs.”

Then I started to speak to him about the Savior but he did not pay attention. As we approached my stop, I asked him to wish for the love of Jesus.

A few days later, I saw the same driver rushing behind me. He was saying, “you,” since he did not know my name. He said to me, “I was looking for you to share with me my happiness. The same day you were talking with me in the bus, I’d a heart attack and was rushed to hospital. Not a single friend came to see me. I remembered your words. I asked my wife to get me a Bible to look for my friend and savior Jesus Christ.

Now I know Him and have experienced his love. I’ve come to tell you and make you happy about his love for me.”

→ English translation of the story here at St-Takla.org: مع سائق الأتوبيس.

St-Takla.org Divider

My father and mother left me, but You embraced me.

You are the Physician of my soul and body.

When every one deserts me, You show me Your self deep within me.

You seek my love, O the Whole Love.

You look for me, asking for my friendship,

You Who satisfies every one with Your love and care.

Let me be satisfied with you and let every soul be satisfied with You.

Send me, powered by Your Holy Spirit, to attract many to Your love.

You came to me without being ashamed of me.

Let me introduce You to others without being ashamed of Your Cross.


Bible | Daily Readings | Agbeya | Books | Lyrics | Gallery | Media | Links

https://st-takla.org/books/en/fr-tadros-yacoub/short-stories/0343-bus.html

Short URL (link):
tak.la/bnk3bn7