St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories
St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories

Christian Library | Full Free Coptic Books | Orthodox Library

Short Stories (Stories for the Youth), book by Father Tadros Yacoub Malaty

339- The Goose with the Golden Eggs

 

Nona and her husband Sam were looking at an enormous palace, which belonged to one of the great people of the town.

“Look Sam at this huge palace; it must have cost its owner more than 5 million dollars. When do you think we shall have one like it?”

St-Takla.org Image: A Goose laying Golden Eggs صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: أوزة، وزة تبيض بيض ذهب

St-Takla.org Image: A Goose laying Golden Eggs.

صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: أوزة، وزة تبيض بيض ذهب.

Sam replied, “Don’t forget Nona that we used to live in a hut and that we found the mysterious goose. It lays every day one golden egg and we were able to buy our new home with its furniture. We’re now living in luxury.”

“But I want a palace much better than that of our neighbor. I’ve an idea; no doubt the goose stores inside itself a large amount of gold. Let’s kill it and get all the eggs and we will be rich fast this way.”

The couple decided to kill the goose but to their surprise there was no storage of golden eggs. The couple cried and in their greed they even lost the daily golden egg.

→ English translation of the story here at St-Takla.org: الإوزة ذات البيض الذهبي.

St-Takla.org Divider

Your hands Lord offer me what is more valuable than gold.

Your love is great riches, grant me inner satisfaction,

And take away from me the spirit of greed.

You are my treasure, satisfaction and riches.

St-Takla.org Divider

THE RICH AND THE POOR

· The poorest man in the world is he who treasures his money.

· To be rich is to be satisfied with what you have.

· “Who can find a virtuous wife for her worth is far above rubies” (Prov. 31.10).

· Many people spend all there time making money.

· He who has a godly mother will never be poor.


Bible | Daily Readings | Agbeya | Books | Lyrics | Gallery | Media | Links

https://st-takla.org/books/en/fr-tadros-yacoub/short-stories/0339-goose.html

Short URL (link):
tak.la/95923jc