St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories
St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories

Christian Library | Full Free Coptic Books | Orthodox Library

Short Stories (Stories for the Youth), book by Father Tadros Yacoub Malaty

336- Take off the Black Clothes

 

In the city of Perth, Australia, I met a lady who lost her 25-year-old son. She was bitter about losing her son, a young man. As she was very sad, she used to light a candle in front of the icon of St. Mary and used to cry asking St. Mary to pray to God to give her condolence.

St-Takla.org Image: A Coptic woman crying, a widow صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: امرأة قبطي تبكي، أرملة

St-Takla.org Image: A Coptic woman crying, a widow.

صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: امرأة قبطي تبكي، أرملة.

Suddenly, while she was sitting and extremely sad, she fell asleep. She saw in a dream a beautiful lady holding her son. He was happy but quiet. The mother was ashamed to ask her, “How did you get to my house?”

In the dream the mother was wearing her black garment, though there was a white spot on the black garment.

The beautiful lady said, “Your son is always joyful. He’s with me happy because of your morning and evening prayers and that you pray for him. He’s also happy that there is a white spot on your garment and wishes that you get rid of this black garment.”

The poor mother was ashamed to say to her, “How can I take off this black garment since I lost my son?”

Because she saw her son happy the mother was silent for a while then she shouted, “Who are you? Are you St. Mary?”

The lady answered “Yes.”

The mother responded, “Please take good care of my son.”

St. Mary answered, “Don’t worry. He’s with me always and he’s joyous.”

The mother woke up in a peaceful spirit and full of comfort. She realized that her son did not die but was with God and among the Saints.

→ English translation of the story here at St-Takla.org: اخلعي الثياب السوداء!

St-Takla.org Divider

Lord, open the eyes of our hearts.

As we see you, we rejoice O the Source of our joy.

We see our beloved ones in Your glorious presence,

Sharing with the heavenly hosts in their prayers,

And with the Saints their never ending praises.

In the spirit of piety and love, St. Mary qualified for an amazing motherhood.

You became the Mother of God the Word, the Unlimited.

Your heart is big enough for the love of every human being.

Pray for us, you who are full of love.


Bible | Daily Readings | Agbeya | Books | Lyrics | Gallery | Media | Links

https://st-takla.org/books/en/fr-tadros-yacoub/short-stories/0336-black.html

Short URL (link):
tak.la/x9ncxnr