St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories
St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories

Christian Library | Full Free Coptic Books | Orthodox Library

Short Stories (Stories for the Youth), book by Father Tadros Yacoub Malaty

306- She saw the King

 

As Victor Immanuel III King of Italy went to Raconegy to spend some time of fun, the Italians went out to receive him. They left their houses, fields and sheep to see the king. Only one woman decided to stay at home to guard the house and care for the sheep while her husband and kids went to see the king.

While she was milking the cows she heard nocks at the door. She opened to find a tired man. He asked her for a cup of milk. She served him some milk and a cake. The man asked her, “Why are you alone at home?”

St-Takla.org Image: A cow, from Saint TaklaHimanout's Website Ethiopia photos 2008 - Axum collection - From St-Takla.org's Ethiopia visit - Photograph by Michael Ghaly for St-Takla.org, April-June 2008. صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: بقرة، من صور زيارة موقع الأنبا تيكلاهيمانوت إلى اثيوبيا 2008 - صور متنوعة من أكسوم - تصوير مايكل غالي لموقع الأنبا تكلاهيمانوت، من رحلة موقع الأنبا تكلا إلى إثيوبيا، إبريل - يونيو 2008.

St-Takla.org Image: A cow, from Saint TaklaHimanout's Website Ethiopia photos 2008 - Axum collection - From St-Takla.org's Ethiopia visit - Photograph by Michael Ghaly for St-Takla.org, April-June 2008.

صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: بقرة، من صور زيارة موقع الأنبا تيكلاهيمانوت إلى اثيوبيا 2008 - صور متنوعة من أكسوم - تصوير مايكل غالي لموقع الأنبا تكلاهيمانوت، من رحلة موقع الأنبا تكلا إلى إثيوبيا، إبريل - يونيو 2008.

“My husband and kids went to see the king while I stayed here to guard the house and care for the animals.”

“Don’t you desire to see the king?”

“Yes, but I gave them the priority to see him. When they see him I feel as if I did.”
“They won’t see him today.”

“Why?”

“The king isn’t there. He’s here.”

“Are you joking?”

“No.” He presented her a golden coin. Then, she knew that he was not a beggar. He took his hat in his hand and greeted her thanking her. She saw his face and realized that he was the king.

→ English translation of the story here at St-Takla.org: رأت الملك.

St-Takla.org Divider

+ While many people searched for You among the great

You descended to us as a poor man,

Asking for a fresh cup of milk,

While You lead humanity at large.

You come to us searching where to lay Your head.

Accept my heart as a dwelling for You.

Be transfigured in me for, I yearn for seeing You.

+ May I see You through the practical living faith.

May I offer to Your young brethren of what You gave me.

Proclaim Yourself to me O the True Light.


Bible | Daily Readings | Agbeya | Books | Lyrics | Gallery | Media | Links

https://st-takla.org/books/en/fr-tadros-yacoub/short-stories/0306-saw-the-king.html

Short URL (link):
tak.la/zy5pnr8