St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories
St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories

Christian Library | Full Free Coptic Books | Orthodox Library

Short Stories (Stories for the Youth), book by Father Tadros Yacoub Malaty

285- British Surgeon Became Christian

 

St-Takla.org Image: A man wearing eyeglasses صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: رجل يرتدي نظارة نظر

St-Takla.org Image: A man wearing eyeglasses.

صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: رجل يرتدي نظارة نظر.

 Dr. Stewert Holden, a British surgeon was asked how he became Christian. He told the following story:

 “Before I came to Egypt I lived in the island of Malta with a group of doctors. There was a young Christian man who served us; he used to bear witness for Christ. My friends and I didn’t appreciate him. We always bothered him but he did not seem to be annoyed as he used to tolerate things happily. One night I entered the apartment. I found him kneeling down praying completely taken in prayer. I got mad so I took off my boots, which were very heavy because of all the mud on it and threw it at his cheek. I took my other boot and also threw it at the other cheek for no reason. He didn’t move and his concentration was not distracted; he continued in his prayer as if nothing had happened. I went into my room and slept. In the morning, when I woke up, I found that he took the boots that I threw at his face, cleaned them up, polished them and put them in their place. I felt guilty because of my inconsiderate behavior. I loved his Jesus and I believed in Him.

→ English translation of the story here at St-Takla.org: جرَّاح بريطاني يصير مسيحيًا!

St-Takla.org Divider

God, give me a heart full of love

To bear witness for the greatness of love in Your heart.

I carry within me the icon of Your love.

The world is thirsty for love

Not for the logical discussion to prove Your presence in me and to prove eternity.

Let Your Holy Spirit lead me in Your royal path of love.

When You give me this,

I would rush to You bringing others to the bosom of the father with me.

 

St-Takla.org Divider

After labor, some women give up their children to others to raise them.

But Jesus gives Himself to His children so that they could be united with Him.

(St. John Chrysostom)


Bible | Daily Readings | Agbeya | Books | Lyrics | Gallery | Media | Links

https://st-takla.org/books/en/fr-tadros-yacoub/short-stories/0285-british.html

Short URL (link):
tak.la/xsgs54k