St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories
St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories

Christian Library | Full Free Coptic Books | Orthodox Library

Short Stories (Stories for the Youth), book by Father Tadros Yacoub Malaty

282- The Horseshoe

 

St-Takla.org Image: Horseshoe صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: حدوة حصان

St-Takla.org Image: Horseshoe.

صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: حدوة حصان.

During the American War of Independence, a weak young man was talking to himself saying, “What are you good for Luke Farnum? All your friends and acquaintances went to war to defend their country while you are useless. You work as an iron smith helper and so what is the value of your life?”

Suddenly, a cavalier came to him asking, “Can you make a horseshoe for one of our horses?”

He replied, “Yes I can. I helped the iron smith many times and I’m very good at it.”

He worked very fast and efficiently and made a perfect horseshoe. When he was done, Colonel Warner who was riding the horse said to the boy, “My son, what you just did for your country equals the work of ten soldiers.”

It turned out that the same Colonel won a battle later that day. The Colonel would not have done it without the help of the soldier behind the scenes, Luke Farnum.

→ English translation of the story here at St-Takla.org: حِدْوة فرس.

St-Takla.org Divider

God, let me be like a little boy who makes good use of what little he has.

Let me not belittle my small gifts and envy people with abundant gifts.

It is not according to the number of gifts or how big they are, that You notice me,

But with the spirit of caring and faith You embrace me.

Take away from me those feelings of despair.

You are the Savior in all instances.

Let me hear Your sweet voice telling me,

“You were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things.”


Bible | Daily Readings | Agbeya | Books | Lyrics | Gallery | Media | Links

https://st-takla.org/books/en/fr-tadros-yacoub/short-stories/0282-horseshoe.html

Short URL (link):
tak.la/p48ptpv