St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories
St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories

Christian Library | Full Free Coptic Books | Orthodox Library

Short Stories (Stories for the Youth), book by Father Tadros Yacoub Malaty

280- The King who Forgives

 

One day, King George III was visiting the royal stable when he noticed a nice boy who looked sweet but serious. The king treated him in a very nice manner and the workers and the king’s entourage noticed this. Later, the supervisor of the stable saw him stealing some grain from the storerooms. Even worse, after the supervisor chided the boy, he repeated the offense so the supervisor lost confidence in him. He had to ask the general manager of the stables to dismiss the boy.

St-Takla.org Image: A loving heart reading the Holy Bible - by Amged Wadee صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: قلب مُحِب يقرأ في الكتاب المقدس - رسم امجد وديع

St-Takla.org Image: A loving heart reading the Holy Bible - by Amged Wadee

صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: قلب مُحِب يقرأ في الكتاب المقدس - رسم امجد وديع

When the king came back to visit the stables, he inquired about the boy after he could not find him but the supervisor did not tell the king the truth and said that he was away. Not convinced, the king asked that the general manager investigate the matter. The manager told the truth about the boy’s dismissal and the king was very saddened because it marred the boy’s image. He lost his job and the trust of his coworkers. The boy was brought to the king but could not lift his eyes to look at the king because of his feeling of guilt. The boy did not know why the king wanted to see him. When the king asked the boy why he stole the grain, the boy’s face became pale and he was very afraid. Then, the boy knelt to the ground and his answer was an outpouring of tears. He stopped crying and said to the king, “I’m guilty my lord and I’ve no excuse for what I did. I deserve the worst punishment.”

When the king noticed the true repentance shown by the boy and his sadness for what he did, he said, “Fine my son, I forgive you.”

Then, he put his hand on the boy’s head in a fatherly manner. He looked at the supervisor and told him to reinstate the boy to his position and take care of him. The boy was so happy and could not express the joy that filled his heart. He was guilty but the king forgave him and did not punish him.

→ English translation of the story here at St-Takla.org: الملك الذي يغفر!

St-Takla.org Divider

God, let my soul be humbled so that I confess my guilt,

And to say that I deserve to die because of my sins.

Let me hear You say, “Your sins are forgiven.”

Let my soul rejoice and be filled with your rich love.

You turned my punishment into salvation,

And instead of humiliation, you bestowed on me a share of glory.

Instead of judgment, You gave me Your goodness.

How great is Your love for You created me in Your image,

Even though I am a guilty slave.

You also opened heaven’s doors in front of my eyes.


Bible | Daily Readings | Agbeya | Books | Lyrics | Gallery | Media | Links

https://st-takla.org/books/en/fr-tadros-yacoub/short-stories/0280-kind.html

Short URL (link):
tak.la/pwwf5ak