St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories
St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories

Christian Library | Full Free Coptic Books | Orthodox Library

Short Stories (Stories for the Youth), book by Father Tadros Yacoub Malaty

201- The Conquered Demon

 

 Everyone in the monastery did his share of work. St. Makarius was cutting grass to fix baskets with his disciples. After he finished with the baskets, he headed for his cell glorifying his Savior. He never considered himself over his disciples but he participated with them meekly in every job.

St-Takla.org Image: A Coptic Orthodox monk praying and crying. صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: راهب قبطي أرثوذكسي يصلي ويبكي.

St-Takla.org Image: A Coptic Orthodox monk praying and crying.

صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: راهب قبطي أرثوذكسي يصلي ويبكي.

Suddenly, the devil appeared to him in the picture of an extremely mad person. He wanted to hit the saint and kill him but St. Makarius stood unshaken and full of peace.

 The devil felt his great weakness in front of the faithful saint and said to him, “Makarius! You have conquered me, with your great power.

 I cannot overcome you.

 Look, everything you do, I can do also.

 You fast while I never eat.

 You stay awake while I never sleep.

 There is only one thing through which you overcome me.”

“And what is it?” asked St. Makarius.

“Your humility,” answered the devil “that is why I cannot overcome you.”

Saint Makarius stretched his arms to pray humbly. Therefore, the devil vanished.

→ English translation of the story here at St-Takla.org: بهذا تغتني!

St-Takla.org Divider

God, You came down by Your humility to my world.

What humility could I show being worthless dust?

God, reveal to me my inner soul, so that I may realize that I am the chief of all sinners.

Who can save me from my sins except You?

I confess to You my sins trusting in Your great compassion.

How could I build anything towards heaven without a base of humbleness and humility?

Let me be united with You.

You who sacrificed Yourself for me.

Let me be endowed with humility in my life,

Finding joy in every weakness You allow for me.


Bible | Daily Readings | Agbeya | Books | Lyrics | Gallery | Media | Links

https://st-takla.org/books/en/fr-tadros-yacoub/short-stories/0201-with-this.html

Short URL (link):
tak.la/6x99pmg