St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories
St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories

Christian Library | Full Free Coptic Books | Orthodox Library

Short Stories (Stories for the Youth), book by Father Tadros Yacoub Malaty

152- Thy Will Be Done

 

After dinner, Stephan went to his office to study and read as usual. His son Mark came in asking, “Can I switch on the TV to watch the serial, Dad?”

St-Takla.org Image: A woman praying, kneeling on a carpet صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: امرأة تصلي، راكعة على سجادة

St-Takla.org Image: A woman praying, kneeling on a carpet.

صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: امرأة تصلي، راكعة على سجادة.

“We specified the programs which you should watch in order to give everything its time.” Stephen answered. “I want you always successful, informed and cultured. You should give time to your spiritual life, study, etc.”

Mark was silent for a while, and then said, “I kept what we have agreed on but do you mind watching the serial?”

Stephen talked to him gently but Mark repeated the question several times. Suddenly Mark raised his voice asking, “Do you mind?”

The mother heard her son’s loud voice thus she came to know the reason as she knew that her husband was gentle dealing with his son as a friend.

Mark said to his mother, “I’m asking Dad to know his will.”

Stephen replied, “You don’t want to know neither my will nor your mother’s yet you need us to follow your will. You want my consent by urging me. Do what ever you like.”

→ English translation of the story here at St-Takla.org: لتكن إرادتك!

St-Takla.org Divider

Many a time we pray “Thy will be done”, while we urge God to complete our will not His. Many a time He guides us, at last, He allows us to fulfil our will in order to experience our faults.

St-Takla.org Divider

May my depth say with my tongue,

“Thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.”

May my prayers be manifested in my life and behavior.

Grant me to submit to You.

Shine on me with Your light so that I would fulfil Your will.

I will then rejoice with it, O Divine Wisdom.


Bible | Daily Readings | Agbeya | Books | Lyrics | Gallery | Media | Links

https://st-takla.org/books/en/fr-tadros-yacoub/short-stories/0152-will.html

Short URL (link):
tak.la/b4t65vj