St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories
St-Takla.org  >   books  >   en  >   fr-tadros-yacoub  >   short-stories

Christian Library | Full Free Coptic Books | Orthodox Library

Short Stories (Stories for the Youth), book by Father Tadros Yacoub Malaty

108- Disloyal Tutor

 

St-Takla.org Image: A governess holding a doll, woman with baby, mother, by Amgad Wadea صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: مربية تحمل لعبة عروسة، امرأة مع طفل، أم، رسم أمجد وديع

St-Takla.org Image: A governess holding a doll, woman with baby, mother, by Amgad Wadea.

صورة في موقع الأنبا تكلا: مربية تحمل لعبة عروسة، امرأة مع طفل، أم، رسم أمجد وديع.

It was said that a Christian man heard that the tutor who used to work for him and left him, was very sick. The man went to visit her. When she knew that he was going to visit her she kept asking herself, "Is he coming to admonish me? Is he gloating over me that I met his nice treatment with unfaithfulness? Or is he coming to visit me because he’s truly a good man and he loves me?"

When the man saw the tutor he asked about her health.

She replied shyly, "Forgive me because I gave myself to the devil."

The man kept quiet for a while and said to her, "God forgives us all, but I want to ask you...”

She was afraid that he might ask her why she left his home suddenly, but with a smile he asked her, "What if you had taken one of my children and went to sell him in the slave market?"

She replied, "Never, how can I do that? He’s your son and I’ve no right to do that."

The man responded, "Don’t you know that your soul is the daughter of God? How can you kidnap it and present it freely to the enemy of God?”

→ English translation of the story here at St-Takla.org: مربية خائنة!

St-Takla.org Divider

With stupidity, I many times say to myself,

"I am free to do what I wish.”

My soul is Your daughter.

You did not buy her with gold or silver,

But with Your precious blood.

You granted me to be the son of the Father.

I have the right to share His eternal glories with You forever.

I have sinned because I stole from You my soul which is Your daughter.

Grant me to return her by repentance back to You, Saviour of my soul.


Bible | Daily Readings | Agbeya | Books | Lyrics | Gallery | Media | Links

https://st-takla.org/books/en/fr-tadros-yacoub/short-stories/0108-treason.html

Short URL (link):
tak.la/96847yj