123. What verdict do we look for from Christ? That do I know. Do I say, what verdict will He give? Nay, He hath already pronounced sentence. We have it in our hands. “Let all,” saith He, “honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son, honoureth not the Father, Who hath sent Him.” 2072
124. If the sentence please you not, appeal to the Father, cancel the judgment that the Father hath given. Say that He hath a Son Who is unlike Him. He will reply: “Then have I lied, I, Who said to the Son, Let us make man in Our image and likeness.” 2073
125. Tell the Father that He hath created p. 240 the Son, and He will answer: “Why, then, hast thou worshipped One Whom thou thoughtest to be a created being?”
127. Tell Him that you owed no credence to the Son, whereto He will answer: “Did I not say to thee, This is My well-beloved Son, in Whom I am well pleased: hear ye Him?” 2074 What mean these words “hear ye Him,” if not “Hear Him when He saith: All things that the Father hath are Mine”? 2075 This did the apostles hear, even as it is written: “And they fell upon their faces, and were greatly afraid.” 2076 If they who confessed Him fell to the earth, what shall they do who have denied Him? But Jesus laid His hand upon His apostles, and raised them up—you He will suffer to lie prone, that ye may see not the glory ye have denied.
128. Let us look to it, then, forasmuch as whom the Son condemneth, the Father condemneth also, and therefore let us honour the Son, even as we honour the Father, that by the Son we may be able to come to the Father.
S. John v. 23.239:2073 240:2074
S. Matt. xvii. 5.240:2075 240:2076
S. Matt. xvii. 6.
©st-takla.org : Saint Takla Haymanout Website: General Portal for the Coptic Orthodox Church Faith, Egypt / Contact us at:
Bible | Daily Readings | Agbeya | Books | Lyrics | Gallery | Media | Links | Contact us