1. The Commemoration of the Theotokos and Ever-Virgin St. Mary.
2. The Commemoration of the visit of Our Lord Christ to Bethany.
3. The Consultation of the chief Priests to put the righteous Lazarus to death, whom the Lord raised from the dead.
1. On this day we celebrate the commemoration of the pure, and chaste, Virgin Mary the Theotokos, mother of the merciful, and the compassionate One.
May her intercession be with us. Amen
2. On this day also we commemorate the visit of Our Lord, God, and Savior Jesus Christ with his disciples to Bethany, which is near by Jerusalem. Lazarus, who had been dead, and Jesus raised him, sat at the table with Him, and Martha his sister served those who were present. Then Mary took a pound of very costly oil of spikenard, anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped His feet with her hair, and the Lord praised her. He pointed out to His death by saying: "She has kept this for the day of My burial." (John 12:1-8)
3. On this day also was the consultation of the chief Priests to put the righteous Lazarus to death, whome the Lord raised from the dead. For many, because of the greatness of this sign, had believed in Our lord Jesus christ.
To Him is the Glory forever. Amen.
Days of the month of Paremhat: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30
Like & share St-Takla.org
© Saint Takla Haymanout Website: Coptic Orthodox Church - Alexandria, Egypt / URL: https://st-takla.org / Contact us at