1. The Departure of St. Agrippinus, 10th Pope of Alexandria.
2. The Commemoration of the Saints Anba Bishay and Anba Abanoub.
3. The Departure of St. Apollo, friend of Anba Abib.
4. The Commemoration of the Relocation of the Relics of the Forty-Nine Elders of the Wilderness of Shiheet (Scetis).
1. On this day of the year 181 A.D., the holy father Anba Agrippinus, 10th Pope of Alexandria, departed. This father was holy and pure and he feared God. He was ordained a priest on the church of Alexandria.
When Pope Cladianus, 9th Pope departed, Anba Agrippinus was chosen Patriarch by the people and clergy of Alexandria. By the grace of God, he took over the apostolic throne of Alexandria and walked in the footsteps of the apostles.
Anba Agrippinus preached the word of God and taught the principle of faith with its life-giving laws. He Guarded his flock, with all his strength, by teaching them and praying on their behalf. He did not own any silver or gold, except for what met his basic personal needs. He completed his course after 12 years on the throne of St. Mark, and he departed in peace.
His prayers be with us. Amen.
2. On this day also, the church celebrates the commemoration of the saints Anba Bishay of Akhmim monastery, and Anba Abanub, known as the owner of the Golden Fan.
Their prayers be with us all. Amen.
3. On this day also, the church commemorates the departure of St. Apollo, friend of St. Abib.
His prayers be with us all. Amen.
4. Today also, we celebrate the commemoration of the relocation of the relics of the forty-nine saints of the wilderness of Shiheet to their church in the monastery of St. Macarius.
Their prayers be with us and Glory be to our God forever. Amen.
Days of the month of Meshir: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30
Like & share St-Takla.org
© Saint Takla Haymanout Website: Coptic Orthodox Church - Alexandria, Egypt / URL: https://st-takla.org / Contact us at