Nicene and Ante-Nicene Fathers, Ser. II, Vol. V:Early Church Fathers Index Previous Next
Dates of Treatises, &c., Here Translated.: Dates of Treatises, &c., Here Translated.
Dates of Treatises, &c., Here Translated.
(Based on Heyns and Rupp.)
331. Gregory Born.
360. Letters x. xi. xv.
361. Julians edict. Gregory gives up rhetoric.
362. Gregory in his brothers monastery.
363. Letter vi. (probably)
368. On Virginity.
369. Gregory elected a reader.
372. Gregory elected Bishop of Nyssa early in this year.
374. Gregory is exiled under Valens.
375. On the Faith. On “Not three Gods.”
376. Letters vii. xiv. On the Baptism of Christ.
377. Against Macedonius.
378. Gregory Returns to his See. Letter iii.
379. On Pilgrimages. 3
380. On the Soul and the Resurrection.
On the Making of Man.
On the Holy Trinity.
381. Gregory present at the Second Council. Oration on Meletius.
382–3. Against Eunomius, Books I–XII.
383. Present at Constantinople. Letter xxi.
384. Answer to Eunomius Second Book.
385. The Great Catechism.
386. Letter xiii.
390. Letter iv.
393. Letter to Flavian.
394. Present for Synod at Constantinople.
395. On Infants Early Deaths.
Rupp places this after the Council of Constantinople, 381. Letters i., v., viii., ix., xvi. are also probably after 381.
Like & share St-Takla.org
© Saint Takla Haymanout Website: Coptic Orthodox Church - Alexandria, Egypt / URL: http://St-Takla.org / Contact us at