Coptic Search Engine
First, here is the Coptic Search link.
The problem nowadays is not the lack of information, as much as finding it! The Internet is a fast growing community, with new info added every second! And the Coptic Churches are starting to have a share in that.. especially our Coptic Portal St-Takla.org :) We are adding and updating Saint Teklehaymanot's website around the day.. and whenever you come back to visit us, you'll find something new or updated.. So this Site Search that we have here helps a lot in finding what you are looking for..
We implemented a search for the largest sections at the website, and we'll keep adding more search to the other sections. So, you could do a search for a certain part of the site, and also for the whole website.
This search is a 'St-Takla.org Search' for the page here, and there is a different search here: Search the Arabic Bible.
Help and Tips! How to use St-Takla.org's Coptic Search:-
First there is the simple search through the search box at the website. And you could move to the Advanced Coptic Search if you need through the link available there. And here are some tips to use the search effectively.
- Write the keyword(s) of your choice at the "Search Word(s)" box, whether it is Arabic or English.
- The more the keywords, the less the results you'll get, and vice versa. But when you specify what you need exactly, you can easily reach it..
- If you couldn't find what you are looking for using some keywords, try to change, edit, add, remove them, or use similar (synonym) words.. Or use the Advanced Search to find what you are looking for.
- There is an option for the "Type of Search", that inculdes: "All Words" (default), "Any Word" (to return results of pages that include any of the keywords typed, so some pages would have this, others would have the other word.. etc.) and "Exact" (getting results for the exact order of the typed keywords
- When searching you can click in the gray "Search" button, or just hit "Enter" on the keyboard.
- St-Takla.org Coptic Search uses a technology called "stemming", i.e. if you are searching for the word "Christ", you will get results that have: "Christ", "Christian", "Christianity".. etc.
- Each search results page is divided into 15 results per page, but if you have a faster Internet connection, you can change the preferences in the Advanced Search section re the number of results per page (the other options are: 25 - 50 - 100).
- If the results are more than the set number of results per page, you click next to go to the next results page, or click on the the no. of page results index to go directly to it. Also there is a "Previous page button".
- St-Takla.org searches are NOT case sensitive. All letters, regardless of how you type them, will be understood as lower case. For example, searches for saint anthony, Saint Anthony, and sAiNt AnThOnY will all return the same results.
- The same goes for entering Arabic keywords, by adding or removing Arabic-Language punctuation, diacritics (Harakat or Tashkeel), hamazat (Alef letter hamza ا - أ - آ - إ) - (Yeh ى letter, and its correspondent with two dots beneath ي).. etc. Click here to go to the advanced Coptic Arabic Search Help for more about effective Arabic Keywords.
- By default, St-Takla.org Coptic Search only returns pages that include all of your search terms. There is no need to include "and" between terms. Keep in mind that the order in which the terms are typed will affect the search results. To restrict a search further, just include more terms. For example, to find H. H, Pope Shenouda's official website, simply type Pope Shenouda website.
- St-Takla.org Coptic Search ignores common words and characters such as "where", "how", "why", "enough".. etc. Which are considered "Full-Text Stopwords", as well as certain single digits and single letters, because they tend to slow down your search without improving the results. However, there is a turn-around this by using the Exact Search feature.
- To search in a certain section of the website, use the Advanced Search feature to search within any of the popular sections at this Coptic Site, such as: Saint stories (Hagiography) - Bible interpretation - Articles & Books - Multimedia - Lyrics - Images and Icons.
- Please note that the spelling might be different for some words, especially the original Arabic or Coptic words, along with the English-Coptic hymns (Coptic words written with Roman letters).. Ex.: the word Shenouda, some write it as: Shenoda, Shenuda, Chenoda.. etc. Or searching for the Coptic Praise (Tasbeha) hymn "Ten Theno", could be typed as: Tein Theeno.. etc. So, try various spellings to reach what you are looking for.
We'd like to thank Eng. Nayer Nabil for helping us make this search possible, along with numerous aids.. We tried to implement all the ideas that could help the Coptic surfer.. So you'll find this search peculiar, and user friendly, in short it is a Google-like search engine.. But as this whole website is considered to be under construction forever, same goes to this Christian Search, which is considered to be a "beta" release, and we'll continue updating it all the time.. So please contact us if you noticed any problems, bugs that need to be fixed or any help within this Orthodox Search.. Or if you can't find something that is sure to be here.
* St-Takla.org Arabic Search page - Advanced Coptic Search
" style="text-decoration: none">