Rites and Rituals of the Coptic Orthodox Church
Dictionary of Coptic Orthodox Church Terms and Terminology
* One of the two visible elements constituting the Eucharistic sacrament, the other element being the Eucharistic wine.
* The bread is leavened, unsalted bread made of the finest wheat flour.
* A round loaf of bread (round as the sun) for it refers to the Lord Jesus Christ, the Sun of Righteousness.
* The central part is called "Despatikon" meaning "Lordly." Around the "Despatikon" there is twelve crosses referring to the twelve disciples.
* It has five holes referring to the spear and nails.
* The word "Agios" or "Holy" is written on it three times.
* See also: Oblation, wine.
Jump to letter index page
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Like & share St-Takla.org
? Saint Takla Haymanout Website: Coptic Orthodox Church - Alexandria, Egypt / URL: http://St-Takla.org / Contact us at