Rites and Rituals of the Coptic Orthodox Church
Dictionary of Coptic Orthodox Church Terms and Terminology
* It is the sacrament of Thanksgiving or of Holy Communion.
* Our Lord Christ established it in Person (Matt. 26:26).
* The whole congregation participate with the celebrant and deacons together in the Eucharist's prayers and Hymns.
* Although all sacraments contain and impart grace, the Eucharist carries the most sublime grace of all.
* In the Eucharist, the bread and wine become the true Body and Blood of the Redeemer, Jesus Christ. Whereas in other
sacraments the Lord bestows His gifts in accordance with each sacrament, and we have discussed this issue before here on st-takla.org in other sections. In the Eucharist He offers His entire Self, so that partakers may enter in full and complete communion with Him. Being the sacrifice of Christ for all humanity, the Eucharist is universal in nature, embracing the living and the dead, and is not, as in the case of other sacraments, a grace restricted to one individual.
* The Eucharist has also been known as the sacrament of Thanksgiving, the Lord's supper, the Lord's table, Christ's table, the sacred table, Holy Communion, the Holy sacrifice, the divine mystery.
Jump to letter index page
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Like & share St-Takla.org
? Saint Takla Haymanout Website: Coptic Orthodox Church - Alexandria, Egypt / URL: http://St-Takla.org / Contact us at